In this era where technological advancements are taking place at pace, corporate learning and development are essential for business survival. Upskilling and training your workforce is the easiest and most cost-effective way to attain organizational success.
Since businesses are turning to fully remote setups with time, it may become difficult to conduct corporate training smoothly. However, with technology, you can enhance your staff training experiences.
This article covers:
- Is there any Need for Technology for Corporate Training
- Benefits of Using Technology like LMS for Employee Onboarding and Training
- Creating and Organizing Training Material
- Knowledge Retention
- Smooth Delivery of Learning Material
- Gamification Features
- Result-Oriented Analytics to Evaluate Progress
- The Future of Cooperate Learning
Is There Any Need for Technology For Corporate Training?
Employees' professional development is critical for an organization to stay competitive, retain customers, and accomplish company goals. Technology has transformed corporate training processes tremendously.
Traditional training methods might be tedious, especially for training a multinational workforce. Technology-enabled training programs have completely evolved corporate learning and given it a new life. With technology, you can overcome all barriers of time zones, language, and accent differences while training employees globally.
► Related Resource: Which Playbook App is the Best?
Benefits of Using Technology like LMS For Employee Onboarding and Training
Employee onboarding is a daunting task. Newly hired workforce needs to know about organizational values, working environment, essential safety procedures, etc. Employee onboarding and training become accessible with a learning management system (LMS) in a way that it;
- Streamlines the processes, saves time, and gives better results
- Cost-effective compared to instructor-led training, where cost increases with every new hire
- Easy to update where new hires get the relevant and updated content whenever needed
Creating and Organizing Training Material
Creating effective training programs for corporate learning is vital for the company's growth. Training material is the soul of the learning and development (L&D) strategy of any organization. It offers on-demand support to your staff and helps carry out departmental functions if chief employees are unavailable.
Your training material must be well-designed, compelling, and engaging. It should provide valuable information to new hires and existing employees. Following are a few points that highlight how to design and organize training material effectively:
- Set well-thought learning objectives before you create the training material. Learning objectives allow you to focus on the relevant knowledge and skill areas. They also help choose the content type or medium that goes well with the organizational goals and employee training methods.
- Team members, such as project managers, graphic designers, instructional designers, video developers, and editors, should collaborate to produce and organize unique training content to create effective training material.
- Choosing methods to deliver training content is another critical step in using modern technology for effective and smooth delivery.
Corporate training technology that includes e-learning solutions helps you design and administer online training courses.
In addition, an LMS also provides numerous knowledge management features that allow employees to retain the knowledge gained over time. For instance:
- LMS solutions offer course authoring tools that enable trainers to make boring content attractive by using various content types. These include adding videos, images, and GIFs to straightforward textual content. This makes your training courses engaging and memorable.
- LMS supports blended learning where classroom elements and online features are combined to create the best learning experience. This helps in improving retention rates.
- LMS platforms also offer social learning features like social networks, course forums, and learners' blogs. This contributes to knowledge sharing and retention.
Smooth Delivery of Learning Material
Learning style preferences are different for every individual. Some people like visual learning, some want hands-on experience, and some require an instructor.
The choice of the delivery program depends on factors like training goals and objectives, timeline, training cost, budget, etc. Modern technologies allow you to employ countless methods to deliver learning material like:
- Web-based training or e-learning is helpful for remote training where employees can learn irrespective of their location. You can promote e-learning through live webinars, different digital platforms, learning management systems, and online course providers.
- On the job training where you can teach new software usage through interactive guides
- Video training helps employees to grasp and retain information quickly.
The use of game principles, elements, and mechanics in non-game material to increase user engagement is called gamification.
By 2025, the gamification market will reach $30.7 billion.
Adding gamification to your LMS is not just about using joysticks. It includes colorful quizzes, leaderboards, icons, and badges that help train the workforce. Today, big companies like Dominos, Fomaposte, and Google invest in gamification. Here is a list of significant gamification features.
- Goals: You need to finish your task, and in return, you get a reward, such as points or a badge.
- Status: Complete the different activities to increase your rank or level. A leaderboard mentions the winner's name, thus inspiring other employees to work harder.
- Community: Employees are divided into teams to accomplish an objective, finish an activity or provide solutions to a problem.
- Education: Employees are provided with quizzes, tricks, and tips. This makes them more skilled in their work, boosting intrinsic motivation.
- Rewards: Besides badges and points, employees gain rewards such as gift cards, coupons, and discounts. This fuels their extrinsic motivation.
Result-Oriented Analytics to Evaluate Progress
LMS offers robust reporting tools and analytics that have changed the corporate training landscape. It optimizes the effects of training programs, evaluates progress, identifies pitfalls that hinder high-performance levels, and boosts workplace engagement.
The result-oriented analytics by LMS provides several options to get insights into employee progress towards corporate training and development. For example, you can track social media shares by your trainees through analytics. You can monitor gamification statistics to identify what is drawing your employee's attention. Moreover, you can get data on employee engagement during live activities, specifically in the webinar and in-person training.
The Future of Cooperate Learning
The continuous advancement in machine learning, virtual reality, augmented reality, and artificial intelligence, the use of technology is changing the training industry. Therefore, offer technology-based corporate training programs to enjoy multiple benefits as this is the future of corporate learning. The benefits include greater flexibility, high user engagement, and lower cost.
Employees need to understand the significance of having an LMS. The use of corporate training techniques, such as an LMS platform, allows employers to move from teaching basic skills to employees to elevate their performance in the company.
The Bottom Line
According to a report posted by LinkedIn, 94% workforce prefer to stay in an organization that invests in training its employees.
The digital era is thriving, and remote working opportunities are increasing. Thus, a company needs an LMS platform that offers a learning experience embedded with the latest technology. If you want an efficient and modern LMS, WayBook is your ultimate solution.
Waybook creates an active and enjoyable learning experience for its users. It profoundly engages employees and drives their behavior and mindset.
As an online corporate training platform, WayBook fosters the learning culture by designing activities and programs that enable workers to learn quickly and perform it practically. This promotes a tangible change in the team members. Use the WayBook tool in your company as it keeps learning fun, enjoyable, collaborative, and accessible.
Want to get more insights on the future of Training & Onboarding? Check out our related resources:
- Employee Training and Development Methods with Examples
- How To Train Employees on New Software
- Which Playbook App is the Best?